View a short video about Linda at CBSLocal, San Francisco:
The Marin Foster Parent Association (MFPA)
The Marin Foster Parent Association (MFPA) is a grass roots, volunteer run organization.
The MFPA is a subchapter of the California State Foster Parent Association (Tax ID # 68-0179648). Our chapter, Chapter 9, was established in May of 2002.
Our membership is open to any member of the community interested in helping us achieve our mission, goals and purposes.
The Marin Foster Parent Association supports foster families including foster, fost-adopt, kincare and non-relative parents of
children in the dependency system.
For more information about our organization please visit our "About MFPA" page.
MFPA’s Mission Statement:
- The mission of the Marin Foster Parent Association (MFPA) is to achieve consistent,
safe, quality care for the well being of all foster children by providing
support services and advocacy to Foster and Adoptive Families, Relative and
Our Programs & Services
Foster parenting is a challenging job. It is essential caregivers of foster children be supported by each other. The MFPA offers the following services:
- Monthly trainings (aka Meet and Eats)
- Monthly newsletters
- Events for foster families and social workers such as our annual picnic in June, annual Meet and Greet in May and annual Holiday Event
- Distribution of grant funding such as tutoring, enrichment and respite for children
- Donation distributions available at our Distribution Center For Foster Children
- Quarterly meetings between Children and Family Services management and foster parents
- Quarterly Soup Groups hosted by Mimi Katz – Free lunch, good conversation and children are welcome (see Programs page »)
- Discounts at local businesses (see Programs page »).